Raven Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raven Angling Club

fishing club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th and final winter league match 9/4/16

Go down 
AuthorMessage
keith
Admin
Admin
keith

Number of posts : 950
Registration date : 2008-11-10

4th and final winter league match 9/4/16 Empty
PostSubject: 4th and final winter league match 9/4/16   4th and final winter league match 9/4/16 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 7:18 pm

well we all met up for the final leg of this years winter league to be fished on the kingfisher pool at blythe waters fishery. well first surprise of the day it wasn't raining, not yet anyway Rolling Eyes .
i gathered the lads together outside the fishery club house to inform them all of the date of alfies funeral. dave gordon decide to take charge of a collection for alfie. a very big thanks to gail at blythe who made a donation ,thank you young lady.also i must say a big thank you to one of our new boys adrian constable who finished 3rd on the day and donated his winnings to alfie's collection a man he had never even met, thank you adrian a very kind gesture.as for the match well to say it fished badly is an understatement. it started well for me and a few others for the first couple of hours but then the temp dropped and the fishing just died scratch on the other bank from me dave gordon never had a bite and packed all his gear up apart from his ledger rod with an hour to go. john goode was having a good day in the top corner of the pool dragging a good few carp from the water. anyway with about half an hour to go we could see a huge dark cloud on it's way in our direction. everyone had just about had enough it was cold and windy and all we needed was a good soaking Rolling Eyes while everyone was packing up before we got soaked dave jammy git gordon had his line tugged his first fish of the day in the net scratch and then to make things worse the git landed another two before the whistle went and won the bloody match!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! lol! well done dave Wink funniest moment of the day was micky davis falling on his arse in the mud trying to cock his leg over a rope barrier , wish i had my camera at the ready lol!
sorry but because of the sharp shower at the end of the match i didn't get many pictures of the day.
below we find winter league champion 2015/16 jim langston, well done mate.
4th and final winter league match 9/4/16 IMAG0382_zpsjdro7oil
jim again with adrian in the background in the red coat
4th and final winter league match 9/4/16 IMAG0372_zpsynubcezd
4th and final winter league match 9/4/16 IMAG0371_zpsd1faflt9
stewart, gordon and dave on the otherside of the pool.
4th and final winter league match 9/4/16 IMAG0373_zpsaofhfzx3
mark, tony, and john snr ready for the off.
4th and final winter league match 9/4/16 IMAG0385_zpsdyojeqm5
well thats all the pics i took this time out sorry but weather put a stop to me takeing anymore. once again well done jim our new champion and again thanks gail and adrian. see you all at the riddings later in the month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.matchpool.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=view

4th and final winter league match 9/4/16
Page 1 of 1