Raven Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raven Angling Club

fishing club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The south's biggest angling show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Barra boy
Mega Mouth
Mega Mouth

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-12-07

The south's biggest angling show Empty
PostSubject: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Two weeks time, the biggest angling show in the south(The Big One) at Farnborough. I will be there spending my paltry old age pension  Sad  Sad on tackle that i really do not need scratch .Trouble is my mates badger me into buying the damned stuff ! I get- well we/i'm getting one of those rods or whatever and at those prices i really think you should get one too, i mean you can't leave it on the shelf/rack can you, not at those prices!!!!!!!! so i get one. Then when i get home i think to myself-what the b####y heck did i buy that for Very Happy  Very Happy
We make a full day of it, around 4 hours wandering and spending, have a pint at the show and pub lunch on the way home Very Happy

Keith you should get down here and spend some of that surplus money of yours Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barra boy
Mega Mouth
Mega Mouth

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Bigger than ever and very very busy. Got some fly lines at a steal, a keepnet(only ever use one when on the severn trotting Rolling Eyes ) some Dave Harrell stick floats,a new net bag at a good price and some soft baits for drop shotting which i intend to try for perch when up in bewdley on the river.
Mate(Brian) spent around £200 on rods, reels and assorted bits and bobs.
Some really good buys in reels if happy enough with just one spool,not many with extra spools. Some good buys on rods, just needed to know what was what really.
Keith you should get down here next year and get that wallet out lol!
Back to top Go down
keith
Admin
Admin
keith

Number of posts : 950
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm

you must have a hell of a pension mate to afford all that gear. if we meet up again this june i might ask brian if i can borrow one of his new reels lol. well done both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.matchpool.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=view
Barra boy
Mega Mouth
Mega Mouth

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 7:19 pm

keith wrote:
you must have a hell of a pension mate to afford all that gear. if we meet up again this june i might ask brian if i can borrow one of his new reels lol. well done both.

Well what i brought was minimal as my pension just won't stretch very far Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Got to wait nearly three weeks for my next pension day Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Brian told me to kick him if he even looked at another FLY rod but said nothing about a rod to sling in his camper van and another for drop shotting Rolling Eyes .Couple of others with us also grabbed a new keepnet and net bag( Dragon Carp) along with a feeder rod etc and landing nets.
Not quite so many absolute bargains to be had and they really needed to be hunted down.Having said that there were complete outfits, ie carp, sea and coarse to be had at silly prices.
Back to top Go down
keith
Admin
Admin
keith

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 8:22 pm

sounds like you had fun chris
Back to top Go down
Barra boy
Mega Mouth
Mega Mouth

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:06 pm

keith wrote:
sounds like you had fun chris
Well yes. Went onto a nice little oldy worldy boozer that we use when at the show, been taken over since we were last there and it was £3.90 a pint of real ale-that was £15.60 a round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
me poor ol wallet said Oi that urts lol!
Ever had a green pint of beer?, we did. A stonehenge brew called a sign of spring Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keith
Admin
Admin
keith

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 5:09 pm

id want it gold coloured for 3.90 a bloody pint ! scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Barra boy
Mega Mouth
Mega Mouth

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 7:01 pm

keith wrote:
id want it gold coloured for 3.90 a bloody pint ! scratch lol!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pub near to our daughters in Epsom do a lot of American craft beer, some of which is quite decent
AND that is anything from £4.00 to £4.30 a pint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
keith
Admin
Admin
keith

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 pm

2.00 a pint in our club before 8pm everyday it's as rough as arsehols but we love it lol
Back to top Go down
Barra boy
Mega Mouth
Mega Mouth

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 pm

keith wrote:
2.00 a pint in our club before 8pm everyday it's as rough as arsehols but we love it lol
Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Always was cheap up in the midlands compared to down here. Think the gap is probably not as wide these days however.
25 odd years ago when we first went up to Arley we managed to get into a working mens club at Highly, blimey we couldn't drink enough of the stuff it was that cheap lol! I think 6 of us drank em dry Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keith
Admin
Admin
keith

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:36 pm

i know what you mean chris our club is a bit of an oasis amongst all the other boozers, well the ones that are left in this area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The south's biggest angling show   The south's biggest angling show Empty

Back to top Go down

The south's biggest angling show
Page 1 of 1