Raven Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raven Angling Club

fishing club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my day on the river blythe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
keith
Admin
Admin
keith

Number of posts : 950
Registration date : 2008-11-10

my day on the river blythe Empty
PostSubject: my day on the river blythe   my day on the river blythe EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:44 pm

decided to have a go on the river blythe at barston toady. armed with a ledger rod a landing net, bank stick , a pint of maggots a slice of bread, a deck chair and a few bits and pieces in a bag i made my way through the stinging nettles down to the river bank. my first peg below was bend with a deep hole down the middle which turned out to be full of small perch and a few dace. peg below.
my day on the river blythe IMAG0143_zps8hnniq95
after most of my hooks ended up being swallowed by greedy perch i decided to move upstraem about 50 yards or so. my new peg bolow.
my day on the river blythe IMAG0144_zpsfzok3pez
i was catching some really good dace, perch and roach. then i caught my first gudgeon of the day and as i reeled it in it was intercepted big time by a pike of about 5lbs! bugger another hook gone Rolling Eyes
more pics of my peg below
my day on the river blythe IMAG0145_zpsedfngqzh
i was now catching only gudgeon, 1 a chuck but the bloody pike was atcking all the time now and was snapping through my 3lb main line like it was cotton , bugger! Sad i then hit a decent roach of about 1lb which i tried to get past the pike as quick as i could just as i was about to land it the damn pike snatched it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was starting to get a bit fed up now. i decided to cast upstream away from jaws and first cast i hit a big perch as seen below.
it was as fat as it was long a real river perch. i weighed it and the scales went round to 1lb 15 oz damn 1 oz short of 2lbs Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
my day on the river blythe IMAG0149_zpskvxg19v3
continued to cast upstream but only caught one more perch as seen below.
my day on the river blythe IMAG0148_zpspkm8oqr3
after about an hour upstreaming i decided to go back down stream with the hope the pike might have buggerd off. first bite i missed but the pike went for more link ledger it was getting really aggresive by now. the last time i hooked it i thought id got him but after about a minute of playing him he snapped through my line again! Rolling Eyes enoughs enough i give up, time to pack up and head for home. might come back on friday with some pike gear be warned jaws lol! anyway caught laods of real river fish for a change had a great day. a couple more pics of my peg below.
my day on the river blythe IMAG0150_zpsiidybl3n
my day on the river blythe IMAG0147_zpsuisxnoco
Back to top Go down
http://www.matchpool.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=view
tony kibble
Chatter box
Chatter box

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-04-22

my day on the river blythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: my day on the river blythe   my day on the river blythe EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:00 pm

That looks like a nice stretch of water Keith, Would be nice to fish a river, might pop down and give it a try.
Back to top Go down

my day on the river blythe
Page 1 of 1